ANNONSEBILAG FRA CORNERSTONE
Want to increase your career agility quotient?
Don’t worry we will show you how simple it is! You just need to look inward and outward to learn how to increase your career agility quotient. Want to know more? Download Cornerstone OnDemand e-book for free here!
Agile career development is firmly rooted in an intimate and evolving understanding of who we really are as people, including a deep appreciation of our interests, preferences, and values. The challenge is that our interests and preferences remain in flux and will change over time.
Agile career acrobats develop a lifelong habit of managing their evolving self-awareness through:
1. Reflection. Taking time for reflective exercises like journaling (even for 3 minutes a day) offers a discipline for checking in and staying current around who we are today and who we’re becoming.
2. Observation. Hitting the mental pause button once or twice each day can provide valuable data about what you love, what nourishes you, and more – information that easily gets buried in the barrage of daily tasks and busy-ness.
3. Input. Feedback from others can illuminate what we don’t see, validate what we do, and/or ‘right-size’ our own views, and point out those times when we’re legends only in our own minds
Look outward Successful career acrobats understand themselves and the world around them. They are able to quickly gather and process information about the bigger picture and stay attuned to what’s happening on the political, economic, technology, social, economic and cultural fronts. Careers develop within a context. And the sooner you truly understand that context, the sooner you’ll be ready to lean into, leverage, and make the most of today’s changeable environment.
Start with your own organization and ask yourself:
• How is our mission or focus shifting?
• What new products and services have we brought to market? What’s in development?
• How are customers and their needs different today, and how might they be even more different tomorrow?
• Which divisions are thriving, and which are stagnating?
Use these tips to help hone your acrobatic skills and propel your career to new heights.
1. Hold expertise lightly.
Yesterday’s knowledge or experience is likely not going to be sufficient to solve tomorrow’s (or even today’s) problems. As a result, adopt a learner mindset, be willing to let go of what you’ve done in the past and try something new.
2. Address missing pieces versus weaknesses.
Agile career acrobats recognize that their energy may be better used identifying and addressing gaps rather laboring over trying to improve weaknesses. This typically is less time-intensive; but it’s also more focused on contemporary needs, more impactful, and more energizing as well.
3. Engage in rapid career prototyping.
Since promotions, mobility and job changes may not as available as in the past, seek out and welcome new experiences and challenges into your current role. Test them out and evaluate their fit (without ever changing roles). And make ongoing adjustments as needed for greater alignment, satisfaction, or growth.
If you want to know more about career growth download Cornerstone OnDemand eBook here!
Want to manage distress and improve your emotional intelligence?
So, how do we mitigate the distress response? By upping our emotional intelligence. When it comes to distress, it’s critical to start by first acknowledging that it is present and then understanding what causes it. Improve your emotional intelligence with these simple tips and be ready for the future of work!
In post-pandemic work outlook conscious connections are vital!
The world of work has changed, due to COVID-19 hundreds of millions around the world have lived and worked through lockdowns. Since all of this started remote work has been normalized, even many companies have implemented a hybrid way of working. But how will this change affect the way we communicate, connect, and create? Find out here!
Four Steps Organizations Must Take to launch a skills-forward talent strategy
In today’s environment of unrelenting business transformation, roles are shifting quickly, and skills are becoming obsolete faster. Your organization needs to identify, acquire, and develop the skills needed to transform, compete in new markets, and thrive. Want to learn how to develop a Skills-forward strategy?
Let’s rebuild the “never normal again” workplace!
We are at the edge of a 5th industrial revolution! COVID-19 and other world events have accelerated us towards an environment of unrelenting business transformation, permanently pixelated work arrangements, the need to embrace a more inclusive, purpose-driven culture and to make growth opportunities more accessible and more personal than ever before. Do you want to create successful people and teams in this new environment? Click here and find out!